Junior Bio-statistician/Data Analyst
Apollo Research Inc. is seeking a Database Designer / Junior Bio-statistician/Data Analyst to join a dynamic team in the field of Medical Cannabis Research on a contract basis (length to be determined). The fist phase of this project is database design.
- Process mapping, data conversion, test case design, dictionary creation, validation, business modeling, data modeling
- Perform statistical analyses on large, complex data sets and linkage of multiple data sources.
- Determine appropriate methods of statistical analyses based on in-depth knowledge, discussions with collaborators, and by reviewing the current literature.
- Provide expertise on the development phase of projects, including the framing of research questions, determining outcomes and how they are measured, sample size calculations, as well as providing input, reviewing, and writing sections of research proposals.
- Involved in results dissemination activities, including statistical input in manuscripts, reports and presentations.
- Provide expertise on the input of data into systems and overall data management activities to ensure data are usable in statistical analyses
- Update, optimize and maintain in-house databases and generate reports.
- Ability to independently derive clinical trial databases and perform validation analyses of ongoing clinical trials.
- Develop and maintain data dictionaries/code books for data set and documentation for all data management and statistical analyses processes.
- Minimum of 1 year in database design for complex/large databases
- Strong background and experience in statistical analyses and data interpretation is a must.
- Masters degree in statistics and/or a health related field + 1 year of relevant experience OR a BSc in statistics and/or health related field + 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with study designs (case-control, cohort studies, longitudinal, clinical, etc.)
- Programming and analytical skills in R and SAS a strong asset
- A good understanding and knowledge of medical terminology, clinical trial methodologies, regulatory guidelines such as ICH-GCP, privacy legislation etc., and clinical trial data management standards
- Excellent analytical skills and logical problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior time management, organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work effectively and meet multiple deadlines with little supervision
Apollo Research is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants. Should you require any assistance in the application and interview process please contact our HR Department at (416) 840-5991.
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.