Steps for using your medical cannabis for new users
If you’re a first-time medical cannabis patient and have decided to order dried medical cannabis, you may be unsure of next steps. Apollo is here to help and we have broken down some important info you
What you will need:
You will need your grinder, two pieces of blank paper, a scale and your vaporizer.
- Grind all the Medical Cannabis from one bottle
- Before grinding any marijuana remember to remove the spatula from the grinder (it is usually in the very bottom level of the grinder).
- Using one piece of paper, empty one bottle of marijuana; you will grind the entire bottle at once to prevent having to grind marijuana each time the medication is to be taken).
- Open the top of the grinder, break the marijuana buds into smaller pieces and place the pieces into the grinder.
- Close and turn the lid a few times until the marijuana has mostly fallen through the holes. If there are some smaller pieces left on the top level, these can still be used.
- Once you are done grinding, open the second level of the grinder, to reveal the ground marijuana.
- Empty out the ground marijuana onto the second piece of paper.
- Continue this process until the entire bottle is ground. When you are complete take the second paper and transfer all of the ground marijuana back into the bottle.
- Open the bottom level of the grinder. Here you will see powder. This powder should also be transferred into the bottle.
- Close the bottle and store it in a cool, dry and secure place.
Remember to place the small spatula back into the grinder for later use.
- Weigh out the correct dose of cannabis to be taken (for example, 0.3 grams)
- Remove the lid of the scale and press the power button
- Place the scale cover on top of the scale
- The scale will now show you the weight of the cover, press the TARE/Power button, so the scale shows 0.00 grams
- Place the marijuana on the scale (in the lid) and weigh it (for example, 0.3 grams)
- Please note that you may not be able to fit all of the marijuana needed for one dose in the vaporizer at once. In this case you can split up the dose of marijuana.
- Place the cannabis in the vaporizer
- All vaporizers are slightly different. Before using your vaporizer, please read and follow the instructions provided for that vaporizer very carefully. Many vaporizers have instructional videos online, which demonstrate their proper use and other important procedures.
- Place the dose of marijuana you have weighed into the chamber of the vaporizer. Slightly pack the marijuana, but not too tightly. If it is packed too tightly, vapor may not be able to escape. If the cannabis is not packed tightly enough, it may burn.
- Turn the vaporizer on.
- Begin by setting the vaporizer to approximately 185°C.
- Inhale the vapor. Remember to breathe slow and deep, and hold the vapor in your lungs for as long as possible before breathing out.
- For your second puff, turn the vaporizer to a temperature as high as you can tolerate. There may be slightly more smoke at higher temperatures than lower ones.
- If you see lots of smoke when you breathe out, the marijuana may be burning, in which case you should reduce the temperature setting.
- When you exhale, it is normal to see a haze, but exhaling smoke means that you should stop.
- This two-step approach to vaporization will help you adjust to the taste and feeling of the vapor.
- How to know when to stop will vary depending on how much marijuana you pack into the vaporizer, but after 3-5 puffs (on average) you may start to exhale smoke.
- When you exhale smoke, it means that all the water vapor has been extracted from the plant material, do not continue to inhaling if you blow out smoke. The dose of marijuana is done.
- Dispose of the used cannabis.
- Remember that before you throw out the marijuana, it is best to let the vaporizer and residue cool down.